HENRY W. HALBOTH, CFA
Chief Operating Officer - Real Estate
Debt/Equity Fund Raising, Asset Management and Acquisitions/Dispositions
Summary of Skills
International and US Real Estate Chief Operating Officer with proven skills and accomplishments in leadership/team building, investment sourcing, strategy, and management. Skills and deep contactsin institutional and private debt/equity fund raising, investment/acquisitions sourcing, mortgage and mortgage work-outs, asset management, leasing, and dispositions. Experience in industrial, office, retail, multi-family and development land.
Education and Professional Certifications
University of Chicago, MBA, specialization in Finance & Statistics, Beta Gamma Sigma (top 10%), 1989.
University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, B.S. Economics, Bronze Tablet Honors (top 3%), 1981.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Functional Title Professional Experience
DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST, Denver, CO 2006 to 2009
Chief Operating Officer - Investments & Asset Management
Vice President responsible for strategic planning, design and implementation of value-added acquisitions, asset management, and mortgage lending platforms. Negotiated sourced investments. Performed and supervised economic and physical due diligence, market studies, and preparation of investment memoranda. Developed strategic plans (design, budget, team selection, positioning) for each project. Supervised leasing stabilization and asset management, through various internal and external teams that at times included over 100 people. Functioned as Chief Credit Officer for credit review of 800+ customer portfolio, making determinations on large-dollar rent relief requests. Selected accomplishments of Value-Added Platform as follows;
· From 4 projects in 2005, the portfolio grew to $483M totaling 10.4M square feet in 33 projects located in 14 markets in the U.S. and Mexico. Managed land for future phases of 3.4M square feet.
· Developed and maintained ongoing relationships with local expertise partners to respond quickly to new business opportunities. Acquired and maintained strong local market knowledge in 14 markets
· Negotiated and/or administered 26 joint venture and forward commitment relationships.
· 28 of 33 projects delivered on time and within budget.
· Successfully concluded 20 joint ventures and forward commitments
· Assembled internal team to successfully launch self-perform stabilization of value-add platform saving 3% of project cost on future value-add investments. $6M projected savings over the portfolio.
· Successfully created $19.6M in FFO gains on 7 stabilized projects, which was $12.7M in excess of target.
· Developed, negotiated, and administered $57M mortgage investment platform
OPUS NORTH CORPORATION, Chicago, IL 1999 to 2005
Head of Capital Markets, Asset Management, and Dispositions
Vice President solely and directly responsible for securing debt and equity capital necessary to fund Opus’ merchant-build, full cycle real estate development and investment activities in six Midwestern states and Canada. P&L responsibility for property and asset management subsidiary with $2M in annual revenues, 7.7M sf portfolio, and a 15 member staff. Sourced, negotiated, and managed Joint Venture equity partnerships. Selected accomplishments as follows;
· Negotiated and closed $684M (44 deals) in asset dispositions.
· Arranged $759M (64 deals) in project-specific and corporate financings with nine lending institutions.
· Client relations management for $370M in Joint Venture developments through their successful completion.
· Equity capital raising activity on $305M in Joint Venture developments.
· Maintained active investor calling program which included nearly 350 institutional and private real estate investors.
· Placed corporate lines of credit needed to support design-build construction unit.
· Managed entire investment sales process for 44 projects, from creating marketing materials to coordinating completion of post-closing obligations.